Hitting rockbottom is not always a bad thing. Yes, this phrase has always been associated with being at the lowest phase of your life, but I don’t. I have decided to take up the challenge of hitting the bottom of the pan of my makeup, skincare, body and haircare bottles. Quite simply put I’ve taken it upon the challenge of finished up the products I have listed in this post. Don’t get me wrong, it’s hurting to do so, but I’m looking forward to being able to buy new makeup and luxury salon products.
Having worked in the beauty industry, over the years, I have accumulated a lot of products, and even after shipping off loads to my friends and family, I still have a considerable collection.
- Pros: I have a lot of things I get to try out.
- Cons: I never really finish any product, because I get excited about the new stuff and start trying it out.
In addition to this, because I love makeup so much, I also end up buying a lot of makeup, which I never end up finishing. Which now brings me to this challenge.
Here I am, challenging myself to only use the products mentioned in this post until they hit pan or the bottom of the bottle or tube.
- Estee Lauder DayWear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant & UV Defense SPF 50
- Estee Lauder Nutritious Radiant Vitality 2-in-1 Foam Cleanser
- Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil
- La Mer Blanc de la mer Serum
- REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask
- Sunday Riley Good Genes
- Estee Lauder Enlighten Even Skintone Correcting Creme
- Smash box Photofinisher Primer Water
- Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water
- Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting foundation – Sienna
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer- Caramel
- Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Contour
- MAC Powder Blush- Desert Rose
- Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil- Dolce Vita
- Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil- Walkyrie
- Tom Ford Lipcolor- Casablanca
- Tom Ford Patent Finish Lip Color- Ravageur
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream- Rome
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream- Dubai
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream- Budapest
- Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick- Mademoiselle
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy- Decisive Poppy
- Dior Addict Lip Glow
- Tom Ford Eye Defining Pen
- MAC Haute and Naughty Mascara
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Sleek I-Divine Palette- Oh so Special
- Chanel Les 4 Ombres in 268 Candeur et Experience
- Chanel Illusion D’Ombre Velvet in 132 Rouge Contraste
- Tom Ford Cream and Powder Eye Color- Naked Bronze
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Master Palette by Mario
- Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse
- Tom Ford Noir Pour Femme Moisturiser
- Batiste Divine Dark Dry Shampoo
- Dove Oxygen Moisture Shampoo
- Its a 10 Miracle Leave in Product
- NARCISO Eau de Parfum
- Tom Ford White Suede
- Tom Ford Cafe Rose
You might think that there are quite a few products in this list. Yes, there are, but that is because I genuinely want to stick to using these products only. Knowing myself, I will get bored of using the same product and hence I am allowing myself the luxury of choice. Choice sometimes even in the same category. Especially where my lipsticks are concerned. Chanel lipsticks like Les Beiges, Rouge Allure and Rouge Coco are amazing, so you can’t blame me for being something of a collector.
The downside to that however is, the more number of products I’ve allowed myself, the longer it is going to take to use all of them up. So wish me luck!
Have you ever ever tried taking up a similar challenge? I’d love to hear how you did.