The best thing about birthdays is being able to spend it with loved ones. I turned 28 this week and I spent mine this year with my closest friends and some good food.
While I spent the day celebrating with my friends, as the day came to and end, I started thinking about all the things I have learnt in the past 28 years. If I was to give my younger self some advice, here are the 28 things I’d say:
- If not now then when.
- Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
- It’s better to say oops than what if.
- Believe in yourself.
- Work hard.
- Learn to say no.
- Be kind.
- Don’t ever stop dreaming.
- Always trust your instincts.
- Live in the present.
- Don’t be afraid to stand out.
- Always be curious.
- It is better to be over dressed than being underdressed.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously.
- When it gets tough, just breathe.
- Remember, you can’t turn back time.
- Stay cool.
- If the shoes fit, buy them in every colour.
- Don’t forget to have fun.
- Don’t worry about disappointing others, it is more important to not disappoint yourself.
- Keep reading, books are the best vice to have.
- Get inspired but do no copy.
- Do not judge a book by its cover.
- There is something good in everyday, make an effort to see it.
- Save up for a rainy day.
- Lipstick is always a good idea.
- Be the happy weirdo that you are.
- A smile can solve a thousand problems.
What advice would you give your younger self?